Meet the other Shweta Tiwari!

Her actual name is Shweta Tiwari, but for all practical purposes, this TV actress has now become Ridheema Tiwari.

“I have gone mad with people calling me and asking for Shweta Tiwari from Kasautii Zindagi Kay !" exclaims Ridheema Tiwari. It's but natural, because the actress, who is currently working in Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai , was originally Shweta Tiwari. "That's my real name. When I started my struggle in the telly world, I got a call from a big production house and they wanted to offer me a role. But when I entered their office, their jaw dropped because they expected to see Shweta of Kasautii !" she laughs.

Ridheema may laugh about it now, but at that time, it was turning out to be a serious problem for her, with people getting mistaken about her identity.

"I realised I'd have to change my name and so, I got it numerologically changed to Ridheema . I get fewer calls now," she says. But even after changing her name, she does get a random call or two, mistaking her to be Kasautii's Prerna .

"Once, I got a call from a Delhi-based theatre person and she wanted me to do her play. Things almost got finalised when she happened to mention that they did a popularity poll and found Shweta Tiwari to be really popular. That's when it hit me that they were talking about Prerna, because I'm not that big a name," she says.

Once, after getting a few calls from some people who wanted her to act in a commercial, she actually called Shweta's husband Raja to inform him about the offer for his wife.

But has she got any calls recently after problems between Raja and Shweta were reported? "Thankfully I didn't ! I wouldn't have known what to say if people had asked me what's happening with Raja!" she says.

Ridheema is yet to meet her namesake. "Some time ago, I was supposed to go for a get-together thrown by Raja, but I couldn't make it," she says. Though friends and family members still can't think of calling her by any other name than Shweta, Ridheema says that this name is here to stay.

"This name's working for me. I have a good role in Har Ghar... where I play a glamorous air-hostess and the good thing is, she hasn't been portrayed in a negative manner," says Ridheema.

Related Post

youth icon Sonu Nigam on Amul Star Voice of India
TV18 to buy 50% in MTV India for Rs 200 cr
Sony Allows Adult Movies On Blu-Ray
Dishtv launches dishtv on Computer
Ten Sports in deal with Goal TV for licensing and production
Filmy to ride on Rajnikanth wave, acquires non-Hindi movies
In Cas areas, digital cable leads over DTH
Zee TV edges closer to Star Plus

0 Comments:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button